Evincy Cosmetic Medical Centre has introduced CoolSculpting in Melbourne, the procedure is a non-invasive way to gently and effectively reduce fat in targeted areas of the body. The result is a noticeable, natural-looking fat reduction in the treated areas, such as abdominal fat, love handles (flanks), double chin, saddle bags (bulky thighs) and/or back fat. To perform the CoolSculpting™ procedure, an applicator is attached to the desired area for fat reduction, and extracts energy (cooling) from the underlying fat tissue without damage to other tissues. When fat cells are exposed to precise cooling, a natural process of cell removal is triggered. The fat cells in the treated area are gradually eliminated through the body’s normal metabolic processes.
What happens during the procedure?
- For most areas, specially-designed applicator cup uses a gentle vacuum pressure to draw tissue between the cooling panels. A pulling sensation will be felt.
- When the procedure begins, patients may feel a cooling sensation in the procedure area. This sensation goes away in a few minutes.
- Patients typically sit or lie down during the procedure, depending upon the area being treated.
- The CoolSculpting™ procedure is comfortable for most people; they can read, listen to music, work on a laptop, or simply relax during the procedure
- Procedure time is approximately 35 minutes to one hour for each area being treated. Additional areas may be treated, each taking another hour.
- No pre-procedure preparation is required; no general/topical anesthesia or pain medication is needed.
- Each area may require additional treatment, which may be performed after 6 or more weeks, although result from any treatment takes at least 3 months.
What happens after the procedure?
Because the procedure is non-invasive and targets only unwanted fat cells, there is no recovery time after the procedure. The result is a gradual reduction and smoothing of fat bulges that is apparent in most patients in two to four months.
The procedure is completely non-invasive, which allows return to normal activities such as work or exercise on the same day as treatment. Redness may appear in the treated area, which may last from a few minutes to a few hours. Some localized bruising may occur, which clears within a few weeks. Many patients experience a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area lasting one to eight weeks.
Who Is A Candidate?
The ideal candidate for the CoolSculpting™ procedure is seeking to decrease specific areas of fat, such as abdominal fat, love handles (flanks), double chin, saddle bags (bulky thighs) and/or back fat areas, where you can grab hold of a roll. The procedure is not intended for weight loss or obesity; nor is it a substitute for liposuction procedures that remove a large volume of fat. A good candidate should be relatively fit and have modest-size fat bulges in areas that are not easily reduced through diet or exercise.
If you would like to know more about the procedure contact us today.